The Client Manager is responsible for increasing Westlaw/Next revenue, usage and market share in assigned law firm accounts by utilizing skills related to legal research, training, sales and marketing. The Client Manager leverages his/her expertise in attorney workflow to position Westlaw or any of West’s workflow solutions tools. Strong customer relationship skills and a consultative approach to sales and service are foundational to a Client Manager’s success.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Effectively meets customer needs and builds lasting customer relationships; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty; is focused on the big picture and business perspective when making decisions and taking action. Demonstrates professional qualities and demeanor that commands attention and respect from law firms.
- Possesses strong ability to create sales approaches and solutions; ability to provide customers with high-impact training to exceed their needs; tries different and novel ways to deal with customer challenges and opportunities; while working with an internal team, takes courses of action or develops client solutions that appropriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances, and probable consequences.
- Builds credibility by working as a strong team player and through powerful formal presentations. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions. Some Client Managers may interact with account executives, sales representatives/ sales management, and/or products experts.
- Possesses a complete understanding of the business of law and the tools necessary to practice efficiently and effectively
- Demonstrates strong negotiation skills by effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Exhibits a deep knowledge of, or willingness to master, products such as Westlaw/Next including content add-ons, workflow solutions, the legal profession and the legal publishing industry; Relishes ongoing, self-initiated learning, assimilates new information quickly, welcomes feedback and applies knowledge to practical use on the job.
- Attains assigned revenue account goals
- Establishes solid, long-term customer relationships and cultivates new business opportunities by diagnosing needs, presenting solutions and addressing customer concerns
- Provides high quality account management and customer support services to assigned accounts
- Develops, presents and implements legal contracts
- Supports renewal process in high value accounts
- Educates customers on the benefits of Westlaw over competitors and trains customers on the use of Westlaw/Next
- Educates customers on the value and return on investment of our workflow solutions tools
- Coordinates training efforts
- Coordinates local marketing efforts within assigned accounts
- Keeps up to date on competitive activities in accounts and communicates information to divisional/regional management
- Assists other market segments as needed
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology products aimed at increasing revenue and providing solutions
- 4 year college degree required, JD required
- Legal practice experience preferred
- Strong communication, presentation skills. Applicant must have the ability to present complex concepts like legal research skills and workflow solutions
- Customer service orientation and experience
- Field Account Management and sales/ marketing experience strongly preferred
- Proficient in MS Office/Internet
- Previous legal research training preferred
- Ability to travel occasionally to training sessions, meetings and to customer locations
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Baltimore-Maryland-United States of America;Washington, DC-District of Columbia-United States of America