A firm in the oil and gas sector seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Responsible for carrying out a range of laboratory tests and techniques on tissue samples and fluids to help clinicians diagnose diseases as well as evaluating the effectiveness of treatments.
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS)/AMLSN with current practicing license
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience and bench confidence
- Unquestionable Integrity and Solid work ethic
- Attention to details
- Versatile & Organised
- Critical thinking
- Investigative skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Authorizing the test reports for his discipline.
- Responsible for receiving, checking the particulars of specimen, requisition and processing.
- To ensure that all the reports are ready at specified time using specified protocols of Quality assurance.
- Supervise the dispatch of reports.
- Preparing stains, reagents and simple media for cultivation of bacteria to perform cross-matching; compatibility tests of blood and simple serological tests.
- Performing tests in Chemical Pathology, Histopathology, Haematology, Parasitology and Medical Microbiology.
- Carrying out quantitative simple, chemical analysis of food, drugs, cosmetics and medical devices.
- Carrying out minor repairs of laboratory equipment.
- Supervising the works of a number of laboratory staff in his unit.
- Immediate relay of critical results to the referring doctors.
- Perform/ensure storage and proper disposal of examined specimens as per the documented procedure (SOP).
- Maintain individual accountability for the equipment and items in the laboratory.
- Operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Assisting in the training and supervision of laboratory personnel.
- Any other job assigned as per exigencies of work
Salary Range: In line with industry standard
Apply for this job