The incumbent will be responsible for compiling data from sentinel sites and carry out surveillance visits to improve completeness of inventory.
- Compiling monthly data from sentinel sites to submit to national authorities and WHO PQS via the ODK2 online tool.
- Carrying out surveillance visits each month to selected sites based on the site visit plan, to improve completeness of inventory and reporting as well as provide support/feedback to health facility staff.
- Carrying out and/or coordinate root cause of failure analysis (RCFA) through visits to facility level and submit reports to in-country stakeholders and WHO PQS via the ODK2 online tool if trigger thresholds for indicators are reached.
- Including the relevant technical national and regional cold chain staff, to the extent possible, in all PMM activities, including site visits and RCFA.
- Convening key technical EPI cold chain staff every quarter to review the data and CCE performance issues identified and discuss mitigation actions.
- Participating in PMM Working Group calls or other relevant meetings if requested.
- Developing Annual work plan of surveillance activities with feedback from EPI.
- Input into data collection and report design and ensure data is collected to predetermined standards.
- Health facility-level data collection and reporting tools adapted to the local context.
- Monthly performance reports using the ODK2 tool, combining routine health facility reporting, field visit, and RCFA findings.
- Ad-hoc written RCFA reports.
- Up to date CCE inventory for sentinel sites.
- Train regional and health facility staff on the PMM concept and indicators, reporting tool/templates, data standards, reporting frequency, agree on roles and responsibilities of local government focal points, etc either through individual visits or combined workshops.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (KSA)
- Bachelors or Master’s in Public health or relevant field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in cold chain and vaccine management required with an understanding of temperature monitoring procedures and products.
- Experience with CCE maintenance.
- Understanding of the national EPI system.
- Strong analytical capacities, excellent ability to synthesize information and relate action to results.
- Ability to multi-task and produce quality outputs on short deadlines.
- Excellent communication, presentation, team-work and cooperation skills.
- Excellent command of English language, report writing skills.
- Excellent command of the local language.
- Computer skills, including quantitative analysis and reporting tools.
- Travel up to 50% of the time to selected facilities, as needed, to support training, data collection, and issue investigation.