Be careful - Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Don't transfer any money. PlacingJobs will never ask you to make any payment.
- Responsible to ensure systems are in an optimal state for the Mobile Commence Services, meeting service level KPIs, satisfactory customer level and regulatory standards and requirements.
- Accountable for high service quality and service availability of the services provided.
- Work in a team to carry out service operation functions for products and services.
- Assist in developing the technical skills of less-experienced peers.
- Share ideas, projects, and best practices and help create a collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
- Review existing best practices and processes for system acceptance testing and introduce preventive or optimized measures to improve the network quality cum resilience in a proactive manner.
- Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals and targets. Formulate and implement policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of services. Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions, business team and vendors.
- Work will entail supporting product evaluations and operational project tasks.
- Participate and prepare Tender Specification, Statement of Work and evaluate vendor’s proposed solution in the Tender (ie RFI, RFP & Award), if required.
- Manage and perform Change Management, Patch management and Configuration management.
- Perform system and platform Patch loading, implementation of software and hardware updates and upgrades in a timely manner.
- Support cross departmental functions for the delivery, testing and timely implementation of new systems and services.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with internal integration teams for operations requirements, implementation and deployment of patches.
- Responsible for managing multi-vendor/multi-device/platform with geographically dispersed partners, vendors and/or other service providers for operational matters.
- In accordance with company and divisional security directives, deploy, maintain, and enhance the security of servers and desktop systems through administrative, preventive, detective, and reactive controls, such as change and configuration management, anti-virus measures, patch management, and system scans.
- Responsible to adhering to organisational security policies and regulatory policies and standards. This would also entail working with third party suppliers to assess and patch any vulnerabilities and security gaps in a timely manner.
- Responsible to review system security, network architecture, policy documents, user access and system activities on timely basis
- Perform and coordinate service recovery activity expeditiously in times of service disruptions so as to minimize service downtime and revenue loss.
- Responsible for incident management and follow up with vendors/partners with root cause analysis and permanent solutions.
- Participate in Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and/or Audit program initiatives as needed.
- Prepare and track annual budget for system and service maintenance, and any other related expenses
- Responsible for tracking and renewing system/service contracts with vendors/partners in a timely manner.
- Work outside normal working hours to carry out upgrades and patch loading as such activities may disrupt services.
- Handle and restore system faults and/or service degradation with other functional/vendor teams speedily.
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis for software, hardware and network faults related to the service nodes. Ability to lead troubleshooting efforts for complex network environments to identify and mitigate network or system configuration issues.
- Develop and review operational and functional test cases.
- Develop, build and maintain automated regression test suites.
- Create and maintain engineering test documentation, SOP manual and configuration documentation.
- Responsible for supporting daily operations and maintenance of applications, servers, network and storage equipment.
- Provide Tier 2 technical support for customers and manage vendor for Level 3 & 4 technical support.
- An IT or Telecommunication based degree, preferably in the area of info-communications and networking.
- At least 2 years working experience in the area of service operations
- System OS knowledge and administration hands-on experience on some of following systems:
- Linux (RHEL, CentOS), Solaris, HP-UX, Windows, Oralce, MySQL, Postgres and/or SAN/NAS storage system. CISCO IOS. Veritas Netbackup, Juniper OS.
- Good knowledge of IP networking knowledge.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Conflict and stakeholder management
- Risk assessment and decision-making
- Required to perform change activities during maintenance window of 12am – 6am.
- Required to perform remote standby 24 x 7 basis for service recovery support.
- Required to provide remote support for any ad-hoc business and marketing events, and important festive occasions (if any).
Shortlisted candidates will be offered a 1 Year Agency Contract employment.