Our client is a privately held UK company, specialising in the publication of open access peer-reviewed journals across the broad spectrum of science, technology and especially medicine. Combining the highest editorial standards with the 'best of breed' new publishing technologies, their editorial offices are based in Auckland on the North Shore.
We are looking for someone with a master’s or Bachelor’s in the Medical or Science field to join their team on a long-term temporary contract. This role is a Permanent contract- Monday to Friday.
The offices are really close to all public transport routes.
- Prompt in-house checking of submitted manuscripts;
- Appropriate peer-reviewers selected for the individual paper;
- Clear notes made within our “Content Reactor” to indicate any special issues arising;
- Professional and formal communications with authors at all times;
- Next Action Dates are set in accordance with departmental standards.
- Those Next Action Dates are met
To be successful in this role, you:
- Uphold professional standards, keeping sensitive information in confidence;
- Happy working in a supportive and calm workplace that is rarely noisy;
- Have good computer & typing skills – the software is bespoke so nothing specific is required other than MS office suite; and Will be able to read, go-between, comprehend, and make decisions in a timely manner on subject matter which can vary enormously (e.g. Oncology, Neuroscience, Anaesthesia)
- Ideally you will have a background in Biochemistry
- Must be legally able to live and work in New Zealand - open to visa's
- Desirable North Shore location close to shops, restaurants, cafes, and public transport
- Office backs onto a nature reserve - perfect for lunchtime walks
- Tidy casual dress code
To register your interest in this role please email email@example.com or apply now!