1. JOB PURPOSE:
As a Base Maintenance Duty Manager you will be directly responsible for the overall performance of Base Maintenance functions of Qatar Executive Part 145 in Doha and for the serviceability, airworthiness and appearance of aircraft post base inputs and the serviceability of Hangar and GSE.
You will utilize the highest standards of practice in accordance with QCAA regulations and QR standards and procedures to ensure the continued safety of flight for these aircraft.
You will also have a direct access to a pool of Lead engineers, 81/82 Licensed Engineers, Aircraft Mechanics, lead Cabin Mechanics, Aircraft Appearance Agents and GSE Mechanic to ensure the timely performance of maintenance.
You will also ensure that all maintenance conducted to the assigned aircraft is carried out to the highest maintenance standards and safety in the most productive and cost effective manner using all available resources at their disposal.
- Create and implement solutions to technical problems within the range of operations.
- Assist QE Management in GSE and support requirements, the definition of new aircraft - during new aircraft induction and planning of Base maintenance
- Oversee that the checks are executed first lime liaising with Manufacturer and other departments to ensure Base checks are conducted in smooth and efficient manner.
- Provide assistance to other QE departments, as required, to define, develop and prepare Base maintenance work packages.
- Review work procedures, equipment and standards to propose improvements to ensure work processes are effective.
- Troubleshoot the cause of aircraft defects and resolve those defects in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all Technical delays are analyzed and minimized.
- Work together with OEM's, vendors and supplier to find solutions to defects and/or problems affecting the operation of the aircraft.
- Proactively find solutions to the defects to ensure efficient resolution while adhering to both regulator and company policies and standards.
- Responsible for performance of the scheduled base maintenance activities required to support the successful operation of assigned aircraft.
- Plan and carry out all maintenance activities effectively by organizing all required tooling, material and support to complete the task within the agreed time frame.
- Responsible for the final release of work while ensuring tasks are performed to meet QE standards and targets such as aircraft committed delivery dates, system reliability, and highest standards of appearance
- Product on time delivery rate and required standard of reliability and appearance.
- To monitor TSR (Trouble Shooting Recommendation) and ensure that defects are under control and repetitive defects are addressed in timely manner.
- Focal point for the CAMO (Continuous Airworthiness Management Organization) for all technical issues related to the assigned aircraft in Base MX (Maintenance).
- Assist in the development of the annual Base maintenance budget for assigned aircraft.
- Accountable for the completion of assigned complex tasks within set time frames and has a full Compliance with applicable regulations and procedures.
- Ensure aircraft maintenance tasks are accomplished in accordance company policies and procedures, with special focus on documenting maintenance activities.
- Ensure all maintenance activities on the assigned aircraft are conducted in strict accordance with the technical documentation provided.
- Provide specialist support, as required, to Senior Maintenance Manager.
- Perform additional tasks as required and instructed by the QE Maintenance Manager.
- Post completion of Base Maintenance input to conduct wash off meetings with all relevant department including Supply chain, OE CAMO (Continued Airworthiness Management Organization and other QR Base support shop to understand the production hindrance and ensure that agreeable solution is implemented before the next Base input.
- For Base Maintenance check will conduct pre input meetings with all the relevant departments including supply chain, OE CAMO( Continued Airworthiness Management Organization) and other QR Base support shoo to ensure that capability , certification and coordination.
Management & Leadership
- Define priorities of defects to be rectified, identify skill sets required and coordinate effective use of pool personnel (Licensed Engineers, Aircraft Mechanics, lead Cabin Mechanics and Aircraft Appearance Agents) with the other OE Senior Engineers.
- Manage, encourage and motivate the Base MX team of specialists to perform the tasks at assigned.
- Manage a team of specialists ensure that the aircraft availability and reliability targets are met.
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Train and develop other employees, to ensure succession planning is in place. Provide guidance and/or on the job training for Technicians and Mechanics.