Typical application domains include air traffic control systems, civil nuclear, and defence systems. The tasks and responsibilities of the roles will cover all aspects of the software life-cycle, and subject to competency and experience, could include any or all of the following:
- Producing software development plans, typically reflecting rigorous and disciplined development processes
- Writing requirements specifications
- Defining software architectures
- Developing detailed designs
- Implementing designs
- Producing assurance plans - including balancing static and dynamic analysis solutions to implement cost-effective assurance regimes
- Producing test management plans
- Developing test environments
- Developing and executing test specifications
- Supporting safety engineers in the development of evidence for software safety cases
- Contributing to technical content, for sales proposals
Qualification and Education:
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline - or significant industrial experience
- Relevant engineering disciplines could include systems engineering, maths, physics, and software engineering.
- Consistent in-service training demonstrating a professional approach to maintenance of skills
- Membership of a relevant professional institution with chartered status is desirable but not essential.
Skills and Requirements:
The candidate will:
- Have a high degree of interpersonal skills. You will have demonstrated your ability, and you will have the capability to represent the business to clients and to the wider technical community, including interfacing with senior representatives of those organisations.
- Candidates will be able to demonstrate their commitment to quality and outstanding results
- A sound appreciation of the underlying principles of software engineering for complex embedded systems.
- Software development experience in languages such as;
- Experience of working outside the UK is useful, and capability in foreign languages is a bonus.
- Agile development experience.
- Knowledge of UML/SyML.
- Matlab or Simulink.
- Understanding and appreciation of systems engineering.
- Software test activities.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.