Are you a technically well-rounded accounting professional, with excellent soft skills and a passion for building relationships, making connections and making a difference?
If you are seeking a challenging, engaging, business focussed role in one of NZ's most family friendly locations, then look no further. We are looking for a technically well-rounded professional to join our team as a Lead Accountant. The role has both technical and internal focused responsibilities.
Technically you will undertake compliance work for complex client groups, complete compliance reviews and assist the management team with technical queries and client based project work. The internal elements of the role involve managing workflow, training and supporting the accounting team and providing support to the management team.
- Reviewing annual compliance work and preparing interview notes / commentary for the partners to then interview clients on.
- Review & finalise annual work for a portfolio of clients (smaller clients who aren’t interviewed)
- Preparation of financial statements for large / complex client groups
- Training new staff and graduates
- Taking responsibility for firm policies and procedures
- Project based work – supporting the Management team with business advisory projects. These can cover any number of areas
- Taxation research
- Onsite advisory work to clients
- Working with management and administrators on workflow planning and firm policies. Taking responsibility for planning and overseeing workflow.
- Responsible for keeping current with tax and legislation changes and reporting to management
- CA Qualified
- Experience in a reputable NZ CA Firm in a senior role
- Excellent communication and soft skills
- A passion for training and professional development for peers
- Ability to work with a range of people / personalities
- Ability to explain financial matters to non-financially minded people
- Personable and passionate
NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa is needed.
If you are in the Manawatu area or considering relocating and this role sounds like a fantastic opportunity for you please feel free to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org