We are recruiting an Engineering Manager for our leading MedTech client in Wexford, this is a permanent role with a competitive package.
The Successful candidate will manage activities and allocate resources within the manufacturing engineering area, to ensure complete engineering support is provided to meet department and company goals.
- Provide technical support for the day to day Manufacturing Engineering functions that support the operation of the manufacturing plant.
- Coordinates manufacturing engineering department activities to ensure that equipment and processes required for each product are developed, qualified, validated, maintained and designed for manufacturability.
- Responsibility includes the delivery of stable manufacturing and associated back office processes through the management of standard work, and the development of in-depth process expertise driving continuous improvement.
- Identifies areas and means to improve manufacturing processes and equipment and product quality on existing product and processes
- Recruits, coaches and develops organisational talent.
- Keeps the organisations vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
- Apply engineering methods in the design, development, utilisation, maintenance, and cost-control of processes and equipment used to build products, improve quality and reduce costs of such processes and products.
- Ensure proactive response to all customer complaints
- Drive a continuous improvement philosophy and manage continuous improvement initiatives to reduce variation and promote predictable process performance
- Overall control and application of best practice Engineering and Maintenance methods leading to World Class Manufacturing performance.
- Support the introduction of new technologies and new products from other sites. This will include taking products from R&D and developing efficient manufacturing processes
- Ensure those who report to you maintain the highest standards of personal performance as fits world class engineering & maintenance organisations.
- Preparation and management of department budgets
- Ensure open communication and co-operation with Operations and Quality Assurance for the rapid recommendation and implementation of changes necessary to correct problems or improve the products and processes.
- Develop, implement and supervise facilities related corrective and preventative maintenance functions and services.
- Ensure the building and plant equipment is maintained to a standard appropriate to a medical device company.
- B.Eng Degree or equivalent.
- Masters Degree in Lean Operations, Engineering or equivalent an advantage.
- Six Sigma green belt. Black belt an advantage.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists