Set system delivery processes
- Establish goals and priorities, design, planning, day-to-day delivery, deployment, and advanced knowledge of systems
- Align system administration with overall strategic IT service direction and business needs
- Assist with the development of business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for spending and initiatives
- Anticipate internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues
- Develop policies, procedures, and controls to ensure system security
Develop New Systems
- Partner with stakeholders to recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration
- Define systems requirements for new technology implementations
- Prepare for system expansion by studying plans and requirements
- Oversee the design, maintenance and implementation of the systems
- Prioritise tasks to ensure projects are implemented in accordance with project plans and budgets
Optimise Systems Performance
- Recommend process, product or service improvements, resource optimisation and cost savings
- Oversee hardware and software upgrades
- Recommend new technologies, methodologies, systems or opportunities for cost savings, security and service quality improvement
- Oversee team management including budgets, forecasting, work allocations and staffing
- Develop staff through ongoing coaching, mentoring and career discussions
- Define common goals, direction and accountability among staff
- Drive effective performance management practices within department in accordance with company policies and procedures
- At least 15 years of IT industry experience with at least 6 years of relevant hands-on experience in technical delivery of large scale projects.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a team across different group of stakeholders.
- Good leadership quality and able to articulate the technical requirements to different level of stakeholders.
- Good technical knowledge and skills in datacenter, network, server, storage and backup.
- Good technical skills in MS Windows Server, Linux and Unix as well as VMware and HyperV.
- Experience in the managing IT projects for healthcare industry is an added advantage but not mandatory.
- CITPM/PMP/Prince 2/ITIL certification will have added advantage.