Accountant with fluent German required for Shared Service Centre in Westport, Mayo. Initially a 9 month contract
Financial Accountant with fluent German, required for Shared Service Centre in Westport, Mayo. Initially a 9 month contract ( to cover a secondment). Must be qualified accountant, SAP systems experience preferred. Multinational /Big 4 experience required. Contact Deirdre at Claran Consultants on 021 4701100 /
Preparation of all statutory books in compliance with local statutory requirements for assigned entities.
- Check that all entries are in line with the Local GAAP and maintain the local chart of accounts
- Analyze all accounts and prepare monthly and year-end entries for statutory requirements as appropriate
- Prepare reconciliations for fiscal purposes; keep updated local fixed assets register.
- Prepare reconciliation between local and US GAAP for all entities
- Prepare statutory books and annual reports for assigned entities.
- Liaison with outside parties where required.
Ensure compliance with VAT, tax and fiscal requirements:
- Prepare and submit VAT & Intrastat returns, prepare payments, print mandatory books
- Work with the VAT department to ensure the integrity of the VAT records.
- Responsible for calculation of income taxes and tax submissions
- Ensure that all other local taxes are paid on time.
- Preparation of deferred tax statements
- Perform all monthly intercompany cross charges & ensure supporting backup is in place & invoices are generated for all charges.
- Responsible for ensuring all documents are available for a tax inspection including AP invoices, VAT returns, statutory accounts, Tax fillings, Tax payments, Tax reconciliations, communications etc. All documents easily retrievable from local archive
- Ensure all inter-company agreements are in place to support transfer pricing requirements
Preparation of US GAAP accounts and month end close.
- Review of the monthly US GAAP accounts in conjunction with our outsourcing partner
- Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations review
- Ensure accurate and timely month end close and corporate reporting
- Carry out month end review to ensure accuracy & correctness of month end accounts in line with Fiscal requirements.
Prepare all the info requested by internal and external Auditors
- Compile information packs required for audit process including detailed analytical review and account analysis
- Calculate detailed tax provisions in accordance with local requirements
- Represent the local entities at audit meetings & in dealing with any ad-hoc requests that may be required.
- Ensure efficiency & timeliness in the provision of any information to the outsourcing company, if relevant.
- Prepare information for & co-ordinate with outsourcing arrangements in respect of local external audits.
- Fluent German & English speaker
- Bachelor's Degree in finance and accounting, preferred - Statistics or economics considered
- Qualified Accountant – CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Min 3 years of general accounting experience in a complex global Shared Services environment
- Demonstrated capability to understand accounting outcomes and explain US Gaap accounting treatment, utilizing excellent English language skills
- Demonstrated capability of completing VAT reporting requirements
- SAP or other enterprise systems experience
- Process excellence experience
- Good level on Microsoft Excel