The Financial Analyst will provide insight, reporting and analysis to support the Finance Business Partners, the Reuters business directly and TR Corporate and business units. Alongside monthly and quarterly reporting there will be opportunities to work directly with the business to provide commercial finance support for specific area or initiatives. S/he will understand all aspects of the business and will support their business partners in the formulation, communication and execution of strategic plans to deliver strong financial performance, while ensuring appropriate governance and risk management are in place. The role will be based in New York.
- Assist in production of consolidation of monthly reporting and forecasting for Reuters News to report to Reuters leadership team and TR Corporate
- Strategic decision support and commercial finance activities for particular area or initiatives, including:
- Analyse and interpret the business performance and make recommendations for improvement concerning policy, resource allocation, and operations/processes
- Collaborate with the other members of the Reuters finance team on improving processes, analyses, controls and deliverables to continually strengthen how the function supports Reuters and its financial performance
- Monthly and quarterly analysis to ensure that we use our resources, capital and commercial leavers to our best advantage to drive revenue and profit. Reporting to the business and across TR Corporate.
- Forecasting, annual budget & plan process, and other monthly and quarterly reporting presentations. Business Cases, business models, reporting and PIR’s as required.
- Work closely with Controllership, India C of E, TR C of E’s and Hyperion planning team to complete monthly close and forecasting/planning activities as quickly and accurately as possible, maximising automation opportunities.
- Support implementation of strong processes, improve and simplify existing processes by building strong relationships with key internal customers
- Development and implementation of robust metrics and measures
Skills and Experience:
Education: Recognized Post Graduate accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or equivalent (e.g. MBA)
Experience: 2-4+ years of experience in a Finance role
Critical experience includes: The position requires strong partnership skills to work with others across the Reuters Finance team, the wider Reuters business and TR Corporate and other TR business units. Interact with senior management and influence outcomes; knowledge of core accounting principles and their application; experience thinking strategically and building business development plans. Experience of TR Sales and revenue reporting would be an advantage.
Other Skills: Tenacious and driven by delivering results; Enjoys working in teams. Shows ability to work effectively across all functions of the business; Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills; Customer focus, proactive; Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills assumed; Clear, effective communicator and comfortable presenting to large audiences and senior management
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.