“This role sits within our Financial & Risk (“F&R”) business. On October 1, 2018, Thomson Reuters sold a 55% majority stake in F&R, entered into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone, and retained a 45% interest in the business. In India, the transaction has a delayed closing date as it is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes in India, this role will be included in the new F&R entity.”
- Partnering closely with Sales Managers and Finance on end to end commissions management, following a monthly review and reconciliation rhythm with quarterly commission calculation and analysis.
- Complete Ownership for designated Business Group
- Accurate and on time Commissions calculation following set processes
- Key Business partnering with Finance, Sales Management and Business Operations
- Responsible for validating Annual Commission plans with the Segment Finance
- Load Quarterly and Annual Commission Plans into Commissions system and issue Quarterly/Annual Commission Letters to Sales Staff in a timely manner
Reconcile data from Commissions system versus Finance systems, variance analysis • Monthly reviews with Sales Managers of team credit allocations, investigating discrepancies,adjustments processing
- Ensure strict adherence to SOX rules as well as key internal controls • Provide interpretation and education of the policies found in the GCF
- Create and provide ad hoc reporting to Sales Management and Segment Finance
- Identify enhancements to process and system limitations to improve process efficiency
- Responsible for the management of communication with all the relevant Stakeholders regarding Commissions Essential Skills:
- Provide strategic business partnership to the sub regional leadership to drive high quality commissions administration and performance review
- Proven experience in Finance/Accounting
- Effective Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- High Customer Focus and satisfactions awareness and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent Knowledge of MS Excel ability to manipulate pivot tables and formulas and produce graphs and charts for data analysis
- Good MS PowerPoint skills, ability to produce quarterly commissions pack with graphs, charts etc, comfortable with presenting
- Strong Analytical skills and attention to detail with the ability to capture low level detail and present in a efficient high level format using excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to perform under established policies and perform with a sense of urgency in order to meet aggressive deadlines
- Good organizational skills and ability to understand customer workflow and priorities
- Ability to problem solve and trouble shoot with elements of ambiguity
- Ability to capture process knowledge at a granular level but also able to deviate from a rigid process when a work around is required whilst maintaining key controls Desired Skills:
Working Knowledge of internal Systems (Siebel/trust/Varicent)
- Proven ability to interact with management and influence outcomes
- Sales Commissions experience or other incentive compensation experience
Education/ Certifications: (Specific degrees and/or certifications required or preferred) Qualifications:
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Management/Commerce
- Two plus years progressive finance, data or operations experience
- Experience of working in large multinational with complex organizational matrix
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.