“This role sits within our Financial & Risk (“F&R”) business. On October 1, 2018, Thomson Reuters sold a 55% majority stake in F&R, entered into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone, and retained a 45% interest in the business. In India, the transaction has a delayed closing date as it is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes in India, this role will be included in the new F&R entity.”
What is the primary purpose of this role? How does it contribute to the achievement of overall business objectives?
- To provide leadership and coordination for revenue accounting activities performed.
- Identify, research and analyze complex revenue recognition issues
- Review the Revenue generation process cycle and partner with Outsourced Service Delivery provider to ensure issues are identified and escalated for resolution optimally
- Independently contributes to cross-functional projects related to billing system enhancements, MRP and other Revenue accounting systems.
- Implements new accounting processes as a result of new revenue accounting standards.
- Ensures adherence to corporate policies regarding internal controls
- Manage the annual audit process for group & statutory reporting
- Responsible to manage service delivery of Revenue Accounting from Outsourced Service Delivery Provider
- Act as a conduit between Organization Internal processes and Outsourced Service Delivery Provider
What are the primary responsibilities and accountabilities of this role?
- Analytical skills and the ability to work within ambiguity
- Influencing & persuasive skills and the ability to present project details to senior management
- Experience as a system user
- Respect of your peer group and end-user community for your knowledge and skills
- Empowerment to make decisions on functional, process or operational changes
- Experience with system implementations preferred
- Ability to train and/or coach others
- Ability to interact with multiple stakeholder groups and ensure process deliverables are met
SCOPE & IMPACT
Size, nature and complexity of work. Budgetary accountability. Degree of influence.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Acts as advisor to outsourced service provider to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develops and administers schedules and performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will add to costs and may impact the short-term goals of the organization.
- Manage budgets, people, time, materials, or equipment to achieve annual or multi-year operational targets.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL
Level of knowledge and application of skills.
- Requires professional written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills.
- Define business processes and provide input to system configuration decisions in your area of functional expertise
- Identify, document, and resolve issues
- Develop business process documentation (process flows, business process procedures)
- Assist in the development of training materials (identification, documentation, validation)
- Identify test scenarios and develop test scripts, test system configuration, development objects, and user-authorizations
- Provide first line of support during implementation stabilization period
- Support data conversion activities (strategy, data cleansing, validation)
RELATIONSHIPS: INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
What are the important relationships that strongly influence success? How critical is the customer relationship?
- Frequently interacts and collaborates with variety of functional peers and management.
- Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others and be persuasive.
- Acts as advisor to unit or sub-units and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.