United Kingdom - Northampton, Northamptonshire
£60,000 - £60,000 Annual
Intersect Global Ltd
Our client is a major privately owned contractor, unique in their promotion of a flexible and forward thinking working culture and offering excellent scope for development as they continue to be awarded prestigious projects across the greater Midlands region. Projects range from £5m to £30m in value, with their target market being circa £10m across the industrial, commercial, retail, leisure and education sectors.
Due to this continued success, they are now seeking to appoint a Design Manager to be based at their Midlands office to work in conjunction with the Project Manager and Commercial team to manage all aspects of the design production.
- To be responsible for all design and technical matters ensuring that best practice is set, achieved and maintained at project level both during tender and construction stages.
- Establishing and maintaining design management procedures at each stage of the project.
- Assembly of consultant appointment documents in accordance with company procedures.
- Carrying out full technical reviews and evaluation of all design information received during the tender stage.
- Production of contractors proposals and technical submission at tender stage.
- Assisting in the production of design and procurement programme.
- Managing the release of design information of contractor design portions and consultant design information during construction stage.
- Establishing and managing a sample approval strategy.
- Providing design reports on a monthly basis for inclusion in the project report.
- Leading design reviews.
- Ensure third party approvals are obtained.
- Identification of change.
- Identification and mitigation strategies to limit design risk.
- Highly competitive salary
- Car/Travel Allowance
- Competitive Family Friendly Policies
- Private medical cover
- Pension matching scheme
- Discount on selected retailers and gyms
- Construction related qualification
- Experience of single stage and 2 stage procurement
- Multi project experience across a variety of sectors including leisure and hospitality, education and healthcare
- Main Contractor experience is a Design Management role
This is a fantastic time for a talented individual to join an already established yet growing business, so if you meet or exceed the experience required then we'd delighted to hear from you.